Monday, January 9, 2012

While the mildest winter I can ever fuckin remember strolls its way through Iowa I find myself outside abusing the charcoal. One of my favorite things to make are jalapeno poppers.
Get your ass to the mexican grocery and get some fresh jalapenos, aneheims or whatever peppers look good. Remember once you core out the seeds and viens they aren't that hot.
So here's what ya need. Peppers, chorizo, cream cheese, cherry tomatos, garlic, onion, black pepper and garlic salt. Easy.
Dice up 1/2 that onion, a couple of cloves of garlic and toss it in a pan with the chorizo. Brown the chorizo till its cooked.

One of these popper holders comes in handy. I found this one online and it came with a popper core tool (below). Bout $20 American bones. Cut the tops and core out your pepppers. Remember the more seeds left in - the hotter the popper. Place in holder.

I like to put a bit of cooked chorizo in the bottom of the poppers by itself first. It makes a nice meaty first bite (like she likes). I use the fat end of a chopstick and pack the chorizo in real good. This leaves more room for the cream cheese mix. Next as you can see below mix the chorizo with 2 packs of cream cheese. Season with black pepper and garlic salt to your taste.

Mix it all up and put it in a freezer style ziploc baggie. See how I rolled the edge of bag over - trust me and do it. Seal up the bag when full. Use scissors and make a small slice off one of the corners off the bottom of the bag. Squeeze the cheese.

For safey purposes always dawn some Officially Licensed FTW Gear. Available right fucking here...http://www.ftwco.com/ Then cram that cheese deep in them holes. You may have to recruit some help from the likes of the utensil below.
Make'm look all nice and top'm with 1/2 of one of them cherry tomatos. Now ain't that fuckin' pretty if I do say so myself.
Last is indirect heat so keep your pile of charcoal to one side. Throw some little chunks of hickory wood in, open the vents up and rotate around about every 5-10 minutes. When they look this pull them off and let stand for approximately 1/2 hour. Bottomline - make sure they cool down. That hot cheese will fuck your tounge up. At least thats what it says on the wall of Kung Fu's bathroom.

Crank some Bon Scott & Bon Appetit!

5 comments:

  1. Damn those look good...I gotta have it!!
    Thanks bud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.... thanks for the post. I am going to makes these up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this post is missing is a guy named Fatty commenting on how delicious they were.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks bitches. I know you will experiment and enjoy. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach just growled! Love that spicy food!

    ReplyDelete